Thursday, November 20, 2008

RadioLab

If you haven't heard of it, you have lots of catching up to do.

Remember when you'd be watching Sesame Street as a kid, and they'd cut to the factory scenes where they'd show the machines making crayons or peanut butter cups? That was always my favorite part. RadioLab is the same thing, for adults.

The show is produced by New York Public Radio (and is the best produced audio program I have ever heard), and distributed on some NPR stations across the county. It's also available as a podcast.

The first episode of season five called "choice" was just released. You can get it free, here.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=152249110

My favorite is the one on "emergence." It's #20 at the same link.

Enjoy learning science again... and if you end up going and listening to the "choice" podcast, you'll come to see that your role in the entire decision was rather small.

1 comment:

Archie Mck said...

I think I still remember the episode on peanut butter cups, but I think I saw it on Reading Rainbow... But you don't have to take my word for it